Training in humanitarian logistics
This training is aimed at all those people who want to understand and approach the field of International Cooperation and work as a logistician for Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Developing Countries (DCs) in emergency or protracted crisis situations.
Objectives of the Course
During the training we will try to provide an overview of the work that an NGO logistician carries out on a daily basis and to deepen the main aspects of this work: the management of purchases, transport, stocks, distribution and equipment. The frequent use of practical examples will help to identify with the situations and to better understand the topics covered.
At the end of the course you will have a general knowledge of how the logistics department of an NGO works and how to carry out the main tasks related to the role. What you learn will be supported by the certificate which will confirm your new skills and allow you to reinforce your CV to apply for a position in the field with a Non Governmental Organisation.
- An ebook - Training manual in humanitarian logistics - (PDF format, 102 pages, Lulu editions)
- A manual on cold chain management (PDF)
- 1.5 hours of webinar (review of the supply chain concepts studied in the Manual);
- 1.5 hours of webinar (review of the notions of equipment, vehicle and ICT management with focus on the importance of IT)
- An ebook - Safety Guide for International Humanotarians (PDF format, 49 pages, Lulu editions)
- Certificate issued in Gnucoop
The online component includes tutoring activities during the course and access to an online training platform for sharing materials.
For more information firstname.lastname@example.org